Matthew has deep experience working closely with government, particularly in customer-centric public policy, data and digital transformations.
He has expertise in service delivery, data strategy, stakeholder engagement, and business case development, having been trusted by government departments to produce and articulate sustainable and implementable solutions. He also holds a PhD in Natural Disaster Management and a Bachelor of Civil Engineering, which have provided him with an acute awareness and knowledge of the complexities of disaster management. He also brings skills in quantitative analytics, user research design and stakeholder engagement.
- Embedded within the Digital Transformation Authority to produce the ICT 2nd Pass Business Case for digital transformation for the next generation of myGov
- Worked with Services Australia on the development of a strategy for a digital transformation and decommissioning project
- Project-managed a review of a national technology for Emergency Management Australia, particularly regarding its implementation in the 2019/20 bushfire season; involving consultations with all states and territories
- Project-managed analysis of the economic valuation of earth and marine observation for Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, including for natural disasters
- Completed a PhD on trust development between government and international partners after Tropical Cyclone Winston, Fiji, involving extensive literature review and qualitative user research design.
Outside of Nous
Before joining Nous, Matthew was an assistant project manager at Parsons Brinckerhoff, specialising in rail infrastructure. He holds qualifications in natural disaster management (PhD) from The University of NSW and in civil engineering from The University of Sydney.
In his spare time...
Matthew enjoys sitting with a coffee and trying his hand at a cryptic crossword, as well as cooking for his friends.