With experience in user experience design coupled with expertise in academic research and board governance and leadership, Melanie specialises in solving complex problems.
Melanie creates solutions that innovate and disrupt by harnessing the power of technology. She has a particular interest in the design, health and technology sectors.
- Facilitated discovery interviews to uncover user and business requirements and inform a product development roadmap
- Facilitated usability testing of key features on an online disability support platform, collaborating with software engineers and product managers to prioritise insights and develop an implementation strategy
- Led the redesign of the onboarding experience for one of Australia’s leading disability support platforms
- Led co-design workshops to reimagine the future of Australian healthcare
- Led the end-to-end design and development of a new online dashboard to improve the induction experience for users and increase activation rate, which had a flow on effect of increasing revenue.
Outside of Nous
Melanie is a designer, innovator, activist and public speaker. In 2017 she was selected as one of the Laureate Global Fellows, an international fellowship for young social entrepreneurs; and she won the 2018 Laureate International Universities Global Here for Good Award. She was also awarded the Recalibrate Gender Equity Award 2022 and one of the Top 100 Women of Influence 2019 by the Australian Financial Review.
Melanie is a sought-after international public speaker. She has presented at TEDxYouth@Sydney, TEDxSydney Pitch Night, Laureate Leadership Summit, Reimagination Thought Leaders Summit at ACS, the United States Sustainable Development Goals Action Zone Conference and a keynote at Google, opening its first ever Asia Pacific UX Design Summit.
Melanie is undertaking a PhD at Torrens University. Her research explores the intersection of design, health and technology.
In her spare time...
Melanie loves to travel and explore new places. She also loves to spend time in bookstores and immerse herself in creative worlds that are only limited by imagination.