Michael has a strong track record of leading teams to generate second-order insights backed by robust analysis.
He has advised organisations in the financial services – including central banking – and public sectors, bringing a decade of corporate finance and financial planning and analysis experience (FP&A) from the UK and New Zealand. As a qualified Chartered Accountant, Michael is adept at quickly understanding different business drivers, building trusted relationships, and breaking problems into their component parts. He is passionate about finding financially sustainable solutions with positive social impact.
- Advised on the 10-year financial sustainability strategy of a major education provider through three-statement financial projection and demand modelling, considering the financial, social and political impact of different scenarios
- Led the cost-benefit analysis for a strategic review for a Victorian Government department, identifying more than AUD$200 million of net present value over 10 years
- Advised the Chief Financial Officer and Head of Risk of a central bank on its five-year funding agreement based on data-driven analysis
- Led a regional expansion project for a not-for-profit organisation, quadrupling the client’s volunteer count and exceeding its target by 50%
- Led a market penetration project for a €400 million global luxury goods client across four key international markets and presented customer engagement strategies to C-suite stakeholders.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Michael provided strategic advisory and analysis to key finance projects for a leading global investment banking advisory firm, serving its New York and London offices. During his Master of Business Administration at Oxford, he worked on addressing the systemic issue of youth loneliness in the UK, where he utilised several system mapping tools and interviewed industry experts – including the Rt Honourable Theresa May – in generating iterative solutions, winning second place in the university’s Map the System competition. He also led two of the leading consulting clubs at the university as Consulting Director and won Best Project Leader for Hilary term 2021.
He holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Oxford and a Bachelor of Commerce from Victoria University of Wellington.
In his spare time...
Michael endeavours to stay fit at the gym and enjoys basketball. He is also a musicals lover and a keen traveller, having visited more than 50 European cities while living in London.