Michael is an experienced advisor across digital strategy, policy and technology-enabled transformation. He is passionate about to role of technology in improving outcomes for people, government and organisations.
He is also a deeply strategic and pragmatic thinker; combining structured problem-solving, data-driven analysis and qualitative insight with a strong, clear narrative to communicate with leaders, business, technical and front-line people alike. He has partnered with government, charitable and private organisations to develop and implement large-scale strategy, policy and technology transformation programs.
- Developed the case for change, solution design, architecture, costs and benefits for a multi-$100 million whole-of-government submission to transform the experience of people accessing government support
- Led the business and technology design and implementation for initiatives across multi-$100 million agile digital and service delivery transformation programs with Australian Government agencies
- Managed the assessment and re-design of staff services and IT support at an Australian Go8 university with ongoing efficiencies of 25% on successful implementation
- Secured two horizons of funding over four years for a Victorian Government digital health information agency to support the implementation of recommendations from a landmark health system safety and quality review
- Co-designed a new policy approach across over 200 businesses and multiple government agencies to understand and stimulate business investment with innovation.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Michael was a consultant in the government and health practice at Accenture, where he led the design and implementation of large-scale technology intensive policy and transformation programs in large public sector organisations. His academic background is in chemistry: he holds a Master and a Bachelor of Science, both from the University of Melbourne.
In his spare time...
Michael loves to get outdoors and explore the mountains. He has a passion for travelling near and far and has been lucky to explore many diverse places and cultures.