Murphy is a Director with experience working with government departments and non-government organisations in matters of human services, health, education and emergency services.
She is known for her effective communication skills and collaborative approach to problem solving. She has extensive experience in youth affairs, mental health and community engagement and a strong ability to understand and engage effectively with stakeholders in sensitive environments, including those with lived experience.
- Designed the state-wide and place-based service model and program logic for the Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Education and Support Program into youth crisis accommodation across Western Australia (WA)
- Supported the NSW Mental Health Branch to identify the structural and functional arrangements to best support implementation of the Aboriginal Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- Undertook complex consultations with diverse stakeholders; including government and service providers, community groups, local stakeholders and at-risk young people; to develop a youth engagement strategy for the Fitzroy Valley
- Supported the design and operationalisation of three new community support and accommodation services to support young people with mental health issues in WA
- Supported the WA Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development to mobilise an incident management team and develop its Incident Action Plan in preparation for the second wave of COVID-19.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Murphy studied a Bachelor of Science at the University of Western Australia. She also spent several years travelling and living overseas before joining Nous as a Graduate Consultant in 2018.
In her spare time...
Murphy enjoys reading, cooking and getting into a good Netflix series. She is a keen traveller and loves a weekend away with her friends.