Nick is an experienced consultant who works across diverse sectors, including education, human services, health, sustainability and emergency management.
He brings a combination of quantitative and qualitative skills to projects that involve strategy, public policy and economics. Nick thrives on change and has experience across banking, tax and real estate from before he joined Nous.
- Developed a modular revenue and cost model and fundraising roadmap as part of a business case to support a clinical genomics software platform’s commercialisation
- Created an award-winning whole-of-government framework and planning tool to help define who is most at risk before, during and after an emergency
- Developed a financial model and contributed to market analysis and product design for a spin-off organisation that provides primary prevention expertise and training to corporate workplaces
- Developed seven regional-specific reports that detailed the economic outlook, workforce implications and education and training needs for regional communities as part of the inaugural Victorian Skills Plan
- Evaluated the design, administration and implementation of two bushfire recovery programs that provided more than AUD$400 million in grant funding following the Australian 2019-2020 bushfires.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Nick completed a Bachelor of Advanced Finance and Economics at the University of Queensland, partially completed at Bocconi University in Milan. While studying, he completed a vacation program at BDO, focusing on the Australian Government’s Research and Development Tax Incentive scheme and other national grant programs. Nick has also gained experience in retail banking, residential real estate and property development.
Outside of work and study, Nick volunteered with 180 Degrees Consulting, working with a student-led UNSW technology start-up and the Brisbane Tool Library.
In his spare time...
Nick enjoys bushwalking, reading and travelling. He also loves spending time with friends, especially at new restaurants and movie nights.