Peter is an award-winning consultant, strategist and facilitator.
He works with executives, boards and leadership teams to define evidence-based, long-term strategies that deliver sustained impact, and to align people and operations to deliver on strategy. He brings more than 15 years of consulting experience, including as an internal and external advisor, with expertise across education, financial services, legal services, utilities, government, not-for-profit organisations and major corporates.
- Led the engagement, design and business case to establish the Sydney Quantum Academy, bringing together quantum capabilities of four universities and positioning Sydney as a global destination for quantum computing education and capability
- Facilitated a strategic war gaming exercise for one of Australia’s largest charities, aligning board members and executives on long term strategic directions and investment priorities
- Led a university’s pandemic scenario planning, resulting in early and effective decision making and minimised operational disruption and financial impacts
- Led a system-wide review of factors resulting in children being held in remand and co-designed a suite of initiatives to address underlying drivers
- Developed the long-term international strategy that positioned a leading university to boost revenue and research impact and expand overseas.
Outside of Nous
A former professional musician, Peter performed and recorded with orchestras and chamber music ensembles in Australia and internationally. Moving to consulting to have a positive impact in society, he has held strategy roles at PwC and at the University of Tasmania. His work was recognised in the 2017 AFR Client Choice Awards where he was awarded the individual award for management consulting.
Peter holds a Master of Business (accounting) and a Master and a Bachelor of Music (Honours). He is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
In his spare time...
Peter is passionate about ideas, and has interests across history, philosophy, science, music, art and literature. A keen baker, he enjoys learning how to make different international breads.