Rodney has diverse industry experience across the private, public and community sectors, where he has held board, senior executive and management roles.
He brings over 20 years’ experience in consulting, Indigenous economic development, banking and finance, employment services, and design. Rodney applies strategic thinking and well-developed commercial skills to solve challenging client problems across a broad range of sectors.
- Managed the strategic review of the Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS) for the Australian Government, leading to the development of a refreshed policy and outcomes framework to guide, support and prioritise future investment
- Evaluated a national group training program that resulted in a centralised services function to improve service quality for trainees and apprentices and enhance reporting capability
- Led development of a national performance framework for Indigenous culture and heritage to support an Australian Government agency to build understanding across government of how our nation is performing in protecting and celebrating the world’s oldest surviving culture and heritage
- Led the mid-term review of Tharamba Bugheen: Victorian Aboriginal Business Strategy to evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy’s initiatives, review its management and delivery and provide recommendations to inform future strategy design and implementation
- Managed integration of a credit administration function from a business banking division to the institutional division of a ‘big four’ Australian bank.
Outside of Nous
Rodney was CEO of CareerTrackers and worked in Indigenous Business Australia’s Investments and Enterprises programs. He has also operated his own consulting practice, worked with the Aboriginal Employment Strategy and held various roles across Westpac’s Retail and Business banking, Westpac Institutional Bank and group property.
Rodney holds a Master of Business Administration from Melbourne Business School, a Bachelor of Built Environment (Industrial Design) from Queensland University of Technology and is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
In his spare time...
Rodney enjoys exploring new environments, and nature-based activities including multi-day hiking and photography.