Sarah has 15 years of experience working in government, not-for-profit and consulting environments.
She brings a passion for social research and evaluation as a key mechanism for evidence-based, person-centred solutions. Sarah has developed and led major social outcomes-focused projects, delivering change to marginalised people. This work includes the Township Planning Framework for the community-led social planning within remote Northern Territory townships; and the inaugural Australian Indigenous Employment Index, which will be the most comprehensive research undertaken on Indigenous employment to date.
- Developed the inaugural Australian Indigenous Employment Index for the Minderoo Foundation
- Evaluated the Our Way Strategy and Changing Tracks Action Plan for the Queensland Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs
- Undertook the first evaluation in a 20-year strategy to improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children and Families in Queensland
- Evaluated the Waratah Project for the Association of Independent Schools NSW to measure the change achieved for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students through four years of project delivery across 25 schools
- Led a suite of projects to support the NSW Department of Planning, Environment and Infrastructure and Regional NSW’s approach to regional revitalisation in Moree, including the initial Social Infrastructure Assessment.
Outside of Nous
Sarah’s career commenced in community development roles before she moved on to the delivery of government programs in rural and remote communities across NSW and Queensland. These experiences exposed her to how policies and programs are delivered on the ground and their design and implementation sticking points.
Sarah holds a Master of Business Administration (social impact).
In her spare time...
Sarah spends most spare time outdoors – hiking, camping or in water. If not escaping the city on a weekend you can find her in the park with her dog and a book.