Shona is a Senior Consultant with significant experience working with clients in higher education and government to support strategy development and the alignment of operational activities with long-term objectives.
She possesses strong facilitation, research and problem-solving skills and is adept at drawing out stakeholder perspectives to better inform strategic decisions and influence change positively.
- Co-produced a public report profiling the role of a chair in government arm’s length bodies through interviews with over twenty chairs and CEOs of government organisations
- Supported the re-design of a marketing and communications directorate to align staff skillset and capability with the university’s strategic ambitions
- Partnered with a world-leading university to identify opportunities to strengthen their education and student experience offer to meet the wants and needs of future students and the higher education landscape
- Worked with a government organisation using futures methodology to horizon-scan and scenario plan for its future skills and capacity needs
- Conducted an equity and inclusion review of a research institute to understand and provide recommendations on staff’s lived experiences in the workplace.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Shona completed an internship at Queen’s University Belfast, where she worked as part of a team conducting a systematic review of UK oral health services. Prior to her time at university, Shona worked as a PR and Marketing Executive at a food manufacturer, where she supported B2B and B2C business activities.
In her spare time...
Shona spends most of her time being active with friends – swimming, yoga, running or workout classes. She also enjoys going to the theatre and learning new skills (currently piano and Spanish).