Wadzi is a sustainability and social investment specialist leading projects in strategy, climate transition, portfolio management and program design.
She advises clients in government, financial services, mining and philanthropy on the implications of the climate transition, structuring grants and investments, and building collaborative initiatives. Sustainable development calls for new ways-of-working and greater cross-pollination, and Wadzi’s work is informed by over a decade of experience partnering with investors, governments and not-for-profit organisations in Australia, Africa, Europe and America.
- Led the design of UN-Habitat’s Cities Investment Facility to enable financing of sustainable urban projects in the world’s fastest growing cities
- Convened the alternative financing cluster of the Collaborative for Frontier Finance, a global initiative supported by DFAT, the Dutch Government, The World Bank and other partners
- Developed the regional expansion strategy into Africa for GFEMS, a USD$80 million public-private partnership that aims to end modern slavery by aligning the economic incentives of business, government, civil society and individual actors
- Advised a large global mining company on its social investment strategy, governance model and approach to community cooperation
- Partnered with a major industry association to identify the main consumer and business climate transition needs and develop collaborative pathways for action.
Outside of Nous
Prior to Nous, Wadzi worked in international and private equity in Africa and Europe. She maintains an active interest in African economic development as an angel investor in early-stage start-ups.
Wadzi is a Board Member at Global Development Incubator – Solutions (USA), a Global Ambassador at the World Benchmarking Alliance and a Global Advisor at the Afara Initiative (Nigeria). She holds a Master of Business Administration from INSEAD France and a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours in Finance) and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Western Australia.
In her spare time...
Wadzi discovers the world through travel, literature and food. Her dream dinner features Japanese gyoza, Ethiopian shiro wat, Indian palak paneer, Zimbabwean oxtail stew and Australian pavlova.