Darren has worked in education, government and the public sector for over 25 years.
He draws on a wide range of knowledge and experience to design, develop and deliver customer-centric digital solutions that deliver long-lasting change. He is passionate about education and public service transformation and has led strategy development for government departments in the UK and abroad.
- Developed digital strategies for universities and public bodies, improving the customer experience, quality and access, enhancing data insight and streamlining processes
- Advised on the strategic development and delivery of national education reform programmes in the UK and abroad
- Worked with universities to transform the student experience, redesign student services and build new delivery models
- Advised on the impact of policy and delivery reform of inspection regulations for schools and academies
- Transformed, implemented and operated key digital government services, improving the customer experience, transparency and accessibility.
Outside of Nous
Darren started his career as a teacher, during which he led various international learning programmes using digital technologies. He subsequently became Head of Digital in the UK’s Department for Education and worked across government to transform digital services. After a brief spell in the NHS, Darren joined Deloitte and led major transformations across education and the public sector, before Joining PwC.
Darren holds a Bachelor of Education (Honours) from the University of West of England.
In his spare time...
Darren has been a school governor since 2010. He enjoys driving all over Europe with his family and avoids flying by plane wherever possible!