Paul is an expert in designing and implementing digital decision support for complex operations. He has worked in digital technology for 20 years, including as CEO of a start-up and in several technical management roles.
In each role Paul has led the development of specialist software systems and implementation in complex data environments, drawing on his deep understanding of how to align technical solutions with business processes and ultimately with the organisation’s strategy.
- Managed the development of the information management strategy and operating model for a state government family services department that needed to use data sourced from other departments, agencies and the non-government sector
- Led the definition of the information architecture and specification of systems changes for a federal department with more than 50,000 internal users
- Managed the data capture stream for a federal regulator that was re-engineering its information systems to better engage with the diverse industry it monitored
- Led the analysis and requirements development of a statistics portal for a state health agency
- Led the capability assessment and roadmap development for the human resources function of a major retailer.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Paul was CEO of Biarri Networks, an Australian technology company serving the telecommunication sector. Over four years he led it through rapid growth from initial product development to deployment, with leading fibre optic projects in Australia, New Zealand and the United States. Paul spent 13 years at The Boeing Company, where he held technical product management roles for simulation, scheduling and product optimisation.
In his spare time...
Paul is a Scout leader and likes to spend his weekends hiking and camping. When at home you will find him gardening or, on rainy days, reading political history.