Tim is a sought-after strategist and the Managing Principal and CEO of Nous Group.
He has led the business through 20 years of uninterrupted growth including expansion across Australia, the UK and North America. Tim leads major transformation programs and is a trusted thought partner to executives in government, universities and the private sector. In 2016, Tim was named Professional Services Executive of the Year by CEO Magazine.
- Partnered with a leading Australian university over a period of 15 years through a series of transformation projects to improve student outcomes, research performance, international competitiveness and financial sustainability
- Guided a major operational and cultural shift within the Royal Australia Navy, working in close partnership with three successive chiefs of Navy
- Led the development of the strategy, implementation plan, and business case for the introduction of the offshore wind industry in Victoria
- Led the design and delivery of a cutting-edge leadership program for senior executives of one of Australia’s ‘big four’ banks
- Supported the design and transition of a national health business from a state-based organization to a three business unit enterprise.
Outside of Nous
Outside of Nous, Tim is the Chair of Melbourne RISING Festival and Chair of Ziplet Platform, a former member of the executive board of the Committee for Melbourne, a former board member of the Australia Council for the Arts, a former Chair of Rhodes Scholarships Australia, a former Chair Geelong Performing Arts Centre and a former director of Barwon Water. He is also a fellow of the Institute of Public Administration Australia (Victoria).
Tim holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) (Honors) from Oxford University, where he studied as a Rhodes Scholar.
In his spare time...
Tim enjoys life between Melbourne and the Bellarine Peninsula with his wife Barb. They have three sons distributed around the globe. Tim’s interests include public policy, the arts, surfing and the environment.