Peter has worked in government, industry and the public sector for more than 25 years.
He brings broad perspective and insight that he deploys effectively in consulting assignments. Peter leads Nous’ UK Government practice, driving the growth and influence of Nous Group in the UK. He has a particular focus in supporting public bodies achieve their strategic goals.
- Led the development of a new operating model for the Roads, Places and Environment Group, a 1000-person organisation within the Department for Transport
- Designed and delivered a scenario testing programme across 15 UK government organisations that wanted to improve multi-agency communication and collaboration in response to complex incidents
- Leading a high-profile independent review to address discrimination and advance anti-racism and equality at a specialist university
- Ran a series of masterclasses for newly appointed CEOS of public bodies, working in partnership with the Association of Chief Executives
- Led an 18-month project supporting the personal development of the senior leaders within a significant UK public body to broaden and deepen their capabilities.
Outside of Nous
Peter started his career with five years in supply chain management with Unilever, working in both operational and head office roles. He subsequently became a senior civil servant in the UK’s Cabinet Office and Department for Business.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Science (physics and French) from the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom and l’Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Toulouse (INSA). He is a Chartered Engineer, a Member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology and speaks fluent French.
In his spare time...
Peter is a run director of his local parkrun and can be found there with his family every Saturday morning.