Sam is a trusted policy adviser and economist with more than 25 years of experience across senior public and private sector roles.
He specialises in regulatory design and reform, economic analysis and public policy advice to support a range of clients to deliver on their key agendas. Sam is passionate about public policy with a focus on business regulation, environment, circular economy and energy policy.
- Advised on the design, analysis and delivery of beverage container deposit schemes in various jurisdictions to drive litter reduction and improve recycling and circular economy outcomes
- Advised on regulatory options to lift energy efficiency of new residential dwellings to manage energy demand and contribute to the government’s net zero target
- Supported the Victorian planning and building approvals review, which identified opportunities to streamline processes and reduce delays
- Developed the regulatory impact analysis for Victoria’s proposed ban on single-use plastics to reduce plastic pollution and support circular economy goals
- Reviewed a jurisdiction’s extractive resources sector programs, including assessing the economic benefits and identifying opportunities to improve productivity and support growth.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Sam was a management consultant at a large professional services firm for nine years. He has also held senior public sector roles at the Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance, Australian Treasury, Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet, and WorkSafe Victoria. Sam also held roles in the resources sector at BHP.
In his spare time...
Outside of work, Sam enjoys travelling (having lived previously in Europe, North America and Africa) and spending time with family and friends.