Tom works with clients to deliver large-scale strategy and transformation projects across a range of sectors.
He enjoys working closely with clients on solving complex strategic challenges, and on designing and implementing new operating models and organisation structures that set the organisations’ people up for success.
- Led the review of a group of faith-based schools to support long-term sustainability for the community (see case study)
- Supported an education department in the support provided to students with disability, and in the transition of students to post-school pathways
- Developed a new international strategy for a university to support it rebuild its international enrolments following COVID-19
- Program-managed a business case assessment of the merits and challenges of creating a new university through the merger of two South Australian universities (see case study)
- Managed an organisational transformation for the Australian Department of Defence to improve the management of army, air force and navy bases, delivering a 14.7 per cent increase in customer satisfaction (see case study).
Outside of Nous
Tom is the Chair of the Board of Little Dreamers Australia, which is Australia’s leading young carer organisation, supporting young people aged 4-25 who care for family members affected by disability, illness, addiction or frail age. Tom is also a non-executive director and treasurer of a not-for-profit educational organisation that delivers face-to-face and online services to more than 2,500 school students and their families.
Prior to joining Nous, Tom was a commercial lawyer at Allens Linklaters, where he focused on transport and social infrastructure. He also spent a year working as an international lawyer in The Hague, working on an arbitration between north and south Sudan and supporting an appeals judge at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
Tom completed his MBA (Dean’s List) at INSEAD in France and Singapore and holds Bachelors of Commerce and Laws (Honours) from the University of NSW. He is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a qualified lawyer.
In his spare time...
Tom enjoys spending time with his daughter Amelia and is a Surf Life Saving Patrol Captain at Bondi Surf Bathers’ Life Saving Club.