Tom is an expert in energy and decarbonisation, and what the net zero transition means for organisations, governments and Australians.
He is an experienced project leader, strategic advisor and renewable energy professional. He provides strategic and practical advice to his clients drawing on his experiences across the energy transition as an energy auditor, engineer, project manager, technical advisor, commercial advisor, and management consultant.
- Co-authored the Net Zero Australia study, a multi-year study modelling in unprecedented detail what it would take for Australia to achieve a net zero economy by 2050 and how to make it happen
- Led the commercial, procurement and tender design workstreams for the Victorian Government to establish an offshore wind industry in Victoria, the first in Australia
- Developed the growth strategy for an ASX-listed energy firm in new energy products and services (such as customer energy resources), including sizing the market, developing the offer, assessing the capability and competitive advantage, and preparing a go-to-market strategy
- Developed net zero and building decarbonisation strategies for clients across many sectors, including health, utilities, education, commercial property and government
- Advised governments in developing net zero policies, targets and settings on issues including de-risking private investment, renewable gases, energy storage, climate change regulation, household electrification programs, and clean energy workforce and skills.
Outside of Nous
Tom was previously a consultant at a boutique energy consultancy, guiding clients to create high-performing and environmentally sustainable buildings and infrastructure. He holds a Master of Engineering (Civil Engineering with Business) and a Bachelor of Science (Civil Systems) from the University of Melbourne. During Tom’s studies he worked part-time in technical engineering and consulting while pursuing his interests in public health and start-ups.
In his spare time...
Tom can often be found at start-up pitch nights or watching movies. He is prone to overindulging in coffee and enjoys eating new foods he isn’t sure how to pronounce.