Tom is an experienced consultant who draws on his engineering background to analytically solve complex problems.
He applies these skills to develop rich insights and practical recommendations for his clients. He has expertise in energy, utilities and education.
- Assessed the market then developed an operating model, financial forecasts, and go-to-market strategy for an education client to bring a new B2B product to market
- Developed successful business cases to support investment in infrastructure, buildings and renewables to reduce emissions and costs for clients in the higher education, local government, health, retail and utilities sectors
- Managed a service design project in the education sector to deliver an improved user experience and refine the client’s operating model
- Developed a pricing strategy in response to COVID-19 and other drivers to strengthen a university’s international student market share
- Conceived, designed and supported implementation of a new innovative training model and a new 40 FTE government division to improve the quality and quantity of apprenticeships and traineeships.
Outside of Nous
Tom was previously a consultant at a boutique energy consultancy, guiding clients to create high performing and environmentally sustainable buildings and infrastructure. He holds a Master of Engineering (civil engineering with business) and a Bachelor of Science (civil systems) from the University of Melbourne. During Tom’s studies he worked part-time in technical engineering and consulting while pursuing his interests in public health and start-ups.
In his spare time...
Tom can often be found at start-up pitch nights or watching movies. He is prone to overindulging in coffee and enjoys eating new foods he isn’t sure how to pronounce.