Gavin is a skilled project manager and economist who combines robust analysis with compelling communication to deliver pragmatic advice to clients on issues that matter.
He brings more than six years of consulting experience, having advised governments, service providers, companies and not-for-profit organisations across large and complex projects. Gavin brings expertise in economic policy design and analysis, market analysis and strategy development, regulatory reform, and advanced analytics. He has consulted extensively across the education, government, regional development, energy and transport sectors.
- Managed the development and maintenance of Nous’ advanced labour market and skills insights dashboard for Australian universities, drawing on employment datasets
- Reviewed a large Australian Government industry program’s appropriateness, efficiency and effectiveness through extensive consultation, program data and cost-benefit analysis, and econometric analysis of business data
- Analysed the social and economic aspects of regional development policy issues, including agriculture sector trends, an Australian satellite investment and three proposed regional port infrastructure projects
- Developed a robust evidence base for a state government agriculture department to enable strategic decision-making for its long-term sector strategy and response to COVID-19
- Developed a Go8 university’s international student scholarship strategy by undertaking financial and quantitative benchmarking competitor analysis to inform recommendations.
Outside of Nous
Gavin is currently completing a Master of Economics at the University of Melbourne, where he also holds a Bachelor of Commerce.
In his spare time...
Gavin loves to travel, play soccer, see his favourite and local bands and comics. He previously lived in Malaysia for four years.